Welcome to the Formula One Appreciation Society!
FOAS was founded by a couple of hard-core Formula One fanatics last year to give you a place to inform, educate and entertain yourself with everything F1. Obviously our site is still a work in progress but we are sure you will enjoy our race reviews, the F1 Pod-cast, the NEWS section and, of course, our great online forum.
We will continue to add features and content as we go along and if you feel you have a specific talent, resource or content you would like to share with us, please let us know - everything you see here has been contributed by volunteer members.
Joining FOAS is simple. Just send an e-mail with the FOAS MEMBERSHIP in the subject line to : firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to include the user name you wish to use and a little info about yourself. We will get back to you with a temporary password you can use to access all features.
You are welcome to sign up if:
- you appreciate F1 with all it's little shortcomings because you just can't get enough of drivers hurtling their cars at breakneck speeds around all kinds of different tracks.
- you appreciate and respect ANY driver or team when they do a good job instead of being a fan-boy no matter what, and feeling the need to start some conspiracy theory every time another driver or team wins or ends up faster than your favorite.
- you love to discuss F1 on a reality and fact base rather than trash talk.
- you don't miss a second of even a "boring" race because you know that anything can happen and because even if there is not a single pass on the track you still understand and appreciate each race for it's uniqueness of strategy and track.
- you appreciate the commitment, mental and physical fitness required to drive a car on the limit for an extended time. Maybe you even tried your own hands on some sort of race car.
- you appreciate the time and money teams, owners and manufacturers spend to participate in F1.
- you focus your discussions on issues relevant to the sport and don't nit-pick on irrelevant little slip-ups from commentators because you know full well that these guys most likely know more about F1 than most of us ever will and share this knowledge each week in an entertaining and informative way.
Lastly, I want to encourage all of you to help spread the word about FOAS. Be it by using the FOAS sig images or telling your friends in other Formula 1 and Motor sports related forums you might visit.
See ya at the races.